Career Development and Placement Cell (CDPC)
The IAMR has been in the forefront of activities by bringing both corporate and companies closer to the campus, and encouraging them to establish facilities to cater to the needs of students.
The Career Development & Placement Cell in the IAMR plays a pivotal role in counselling and guiding the students to prepare for their successful career ahead. This cell is a crucial interface between the stages of completion of academic program of the students and their formal entry into suitable employment.
The Career Development & Placement Cell enhances the employability of the students by conducting specialised training in aptitude skills, analytical skills, language skills, technical skills, business skills in addition to online mock tests. The training sessions are conducted by professionals from in-house resources as well as professional trainers from the corporate world. The CDPC also organises internship sessions for the students before they join the respective industry as a preliminary exposure to what they can expect from the next level of their career.
Corporate Resource Centre at IAMR often executes essential placement activities to generate ample placement opportunities for the students. Apart from inviting corporate recruiters to the campus, the Centre dedicatedly hosts several counselling and training programmes to embed academic excellence in the graduates. These programmes equip students with the essential skills required to land lucrative careers. Prominent companies and HR agencies visit the IAMR campus every year to offer jobs with attractive packages to young talents.
- IAMR provides a platform for placements where companies are invited to recruit students of various branches & specializations.
- Career counselling by faculty and trained professionals in different functional areas.
- At IAMR, various events, guest lectures, conferences, workshops and academic fairs are organized in which companies participate directly or contribute through partnerships.
- A structured Personality Development Programme, wherein different soft skills are imbibed by trainers and corporates alike.
- Mentoring by the alumni, in terms of sharing experiences, realities of corporate life and projecting future trends.
- Projects are an integral part of the academic curriculum at IAMR. Both Summer and Live projects with organizations, provide students with basic understanding of the company’s operations.
- Recruitment through the Corporate Resource Centre will be procured for students of IAMR only.
- Students interested in campus placement should register with the Centre as soon as they reach the final year of their program.
- The placement process would commence in September every year.
- Orientation and Policy talk for the registered students would be organized at the beginning of every academic session to provide an insight into the guidelines and policies of the CRC and introduce the placement team.
- Personal interaction with the placement team
- Apprising students about the standard resume format
- Training students to face the recruitment process by holding group discussions and conducting mock interviews
- Visit of employers for recruitment
Training & Placement
Our Training and Placement Officers assist students to improve upon their employability by organizing special training camps and workshops. These training and workshops also invite suitable experts from the industry to provide students with in-depth knowledge to align themselves with the industry trends. Students are trained to work as a team, think analytically, improve presentation and communication skills and develop a positive attitude. This all-round grooming multiplies their chances to get selected by top recruiters at the Campus Placements.
Placement Contact Details
The IAMR has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with renowned companies and institutions in diverse sectors to increase industry exposure. This helps the learners apply their practical skills to resolve real-life problems in all aspects.
As a part of the Project-Based Learning (PBL) pedagogy, students complete their research projects and apply their innovative solutions to fix industry-specific problems. The practice ensures project relevance while enabling students to identify the existing and potential requirements of the industry.
Students undergo in-house training in corporate houses to understand the company hierarchy and office discipline. Graduates acquire hands-on experience of job responsibilities under the supervision of their mentors. The prime objective of the training is to make students industry-ready with apt theoretical and technical skills.
The Training Programme Schedule
Student training starts from the first year with basic communication skills through various activities. It helps to motivate the students and to improve their communication and presentation skills. The self-confidence they gain from these activities is the hallmark of any student graduating from IAMR, which is a top ranking university in India.
The training in the second year focuses upon quantitative and verbal aptitude that continues till the end of the programme to create a holistic personality of the student.Students should study the company profile online and decide if they are interested in participating in a particular recruitment process.