Life Science -
Academic : 06 | Research : 07
Areas of Interest:
Cell Biology, Animal Physiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Drug development, Pharmacology and Clinical Research specially on Diabetes & Thyroid.
ACHIEVEMENTS / AWARDS
MP Young Scientist Award-2007.
UGP-SAP Fellowship for meritorious students (2007-2010), New Delhi.
Professional Training in Core Competence in Computing, (2002- 2003), NIIT, Delhi.
Invited as an External Examiner for conducting Ph.D. viva of Mr. Swapnil Sharma at Banasthali University in the Department of Pharmacy on 30/09/12.
Guided two students for completing Major Project work as a part of their M.Tech Curriculum at Institute of Applied Medicines & Research ,session 2018-2019.
Presently guiding two students of the department for Major Project work from Integrated M.Tech 10 th Semester students for the session Jan 2020 to June 2020.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Cell Biology, Animal Physiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Pathology,Molecular Biology, Drug development, Pharmacology, Clinical Research.
1. Dixit Y, Panda S and Kar A (2008) Lagenaria siceraria peel extract in the regulation of hyperthyroidism, hyperglycemia and lipid peroxidation in Mice“International Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences” 2 (2), 79-83.
2. Dixit Y and Kar A (2009) Antioxidative activity of some vegetable peels determine invitro by inducing liver lipid peroxidation “Food Research International”42,1351-1354.
3. Dixit Y and Kar A (2009) Hepatoprotective activity of three vegetable peel extracts: an in vitro study. “Nigerian Journal of Natural products and Medicine” 13, 41- 45
4. Dixit Y and Kar A (2010) Protective role of three vegetable peels in alloxan induced diabetes mellitus in male mice “Plants Food for Human Nutrition”65(3),284- 289.
5. Parmar HS, Dixit Y and Kar A (2010) Fruit and vegetable peels: Paving the way towards the development of new generation therapeutics. “Drug Discoveries & Therapeutics”4(5), 314-325.
6. Dixit and Kar (2017) Combined effects of some vegetable peel extracts may produce synergistic effects .”International Journal on Life science and Bioengineering”4(1),1-31.
7. Shagun, Kumar A, Dixit Y (2019) Preliminary Phytochemical Screening of Bombax Ceiba Fruit. “International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology”.7 (9),431-435 . 2321-9653
Experimentation in the field of Molecular Biology, Immunology, Physiology (Plant as well as Animal) Endocrinology and by using various in vitro and in vivo studies.
Experimental design, data collection and analysis.
Writing research proposals, manuscripts and scientific reports for publications and funds.
Biochemical parameters : Lipid peroxidation (LPO), Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD), Catalase (CAT) and reduced glutathione (GSH),glucose -6- phosphatase (G-6pase), in ‘in vivo’ systems and LPO and DPPH-radical scavenging activity in ‘in vitro’ models .
Radio-immunoassay (RIA) for hormones (T 3, T 4 and Insulin)
Gel electrophoresis for protein and DNA
Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA).
Enhancer Trapping for tissue specific gene expression in drosophila
DNA/RNA isolation and purification
Lipid profile study
DNA transfection and trasforamtion
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Thin Layer Chromatography
High Performance Liquid Chromatography(HPLC)
Flouroscence Activated cell sorter (FACS)
Phytochemicals estimation assays
1. Poster Presentation at International symposium on biotherapeutics ,Reliance Institute of Life Sciences Rabale, Mumbai (13 th -14 th February 2009).
2. Intertnational conference on photosynthesis: a global perspective ,School of Life Sciences, Devi Ahilya University, Indore (27- 29 th Nov.2008).
3. Oral Presentation at Fourth MP Young Scientist Congress-2007, Govt. Holkar Science College, Indore (26- 27 th December 2007 and won the Gold Medal).
4. Bioinformatics: Research and Applications by Dr.Achuth Sanka, College Development Council (CDC) and Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) Devi Ahilya University, Indore (16-17 th October 2007).
5. Internatonal Workshop on Joint Biology and Disease” Department of Biological Sciences and Bio Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (17-18 th March 2007).
6.National Conference of Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Award Winners , Devi Ahilya University, Indore (8-10 th March 2007).
7. Faculty Development Program entitled “Emerging Trends in Intellectual Property Rights” organized by Faculty of Life Sciences, Institute of Applied Medicines and Research ,Ghaziabad on February 23 rd ,2019
8. Abstract in UGC-SAP (DRS –II), DST-SERB & CSIR Sponsored National Seminar on Biotechnology Research in India : Current Status & Future Prospects organized by Department of Biotechnology, School of Chemical and Life Sciences,Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, During March 26-27 th ,2019.
9. Abstracts in International Conference on Biotechnology & AppliedMicrobiology (ICBAM,2020) organized by Faculty of Life Sciences ,Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology at Institute of Applied Medicines in Research,Ghaziabad during 7-8 th February,2020.